Remko Dirkmaat is the founder of Instagreen, a trailblazing company that specializes in producing high-quality microgreen products, offering a healthier alternative to traditional food options. Remko will take us on a deep dive into the world of microgreens, sharing their incredible nutritional benefits, and explaining how they contribute to our overall well-being.
Remko is also an owner of a venture consultancy that focuses on helping young businesses and startups cultivate a culture of value, ensuring their longevity and relevance in today’s dynamic market. Join us as Remko shares his expertise on building successful businesses from the ground up, emphasizing the importance of understanding the market, identifying core problems, and developing innovative solutions. Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur or simply interested in the world of startups, this conversation will provide valuable insights and actionable advice.
Beyond his entrepreneurial prowess, Remko has also embraced the path of martial arts, defying age stereotypes by immersing himself in Jujitsu in his 40s. Through martial arts, Remko has experienced personal transformation, discovering the power of discipline, dedication, and mental fortitude. Join us as we immerse ourselves in a compelling dialogue that unveils the profound teachings concealed within the extraordinary life of Remko Dirkmaat.
Topics/Chapters Discussed in this Episode
- Introduction: Who is Remko Dirkmaat? [00:00:00 – 00:01:55]
- What are Micro Greens? Redefining Healthy Eating [00:01:55 – 00:12:14]
- The Marvels of Vertical Farming: Efficiency and Sustainability [00:12:14 – 00:20:15]
- Finding Growth in Vulnerability [00:20:15 – 00:30:33]
- Remko’s Venture Consultancy Journey [00:30:33 – 00:38:51]
- Fall in Love with the Problem, not the Solution [00:38:51 – 00:45:54]
- Martial Arts as Personal Transformation Catalyst [00:45:54 – 00:56:09]
- Wrapping it up [00:56:09 – 01:02:57]
- “So if you want to add a little bit of extra nutrients to your dish, then micro greens are a perfect way to do that.” – Remko Dirkmaat
- “If you’re in a situation that you don’t like, you use the proper technique and get out, right?” – Remko Dirkmaat
- “If your main goal is to want to make money, then obviously that’s not going to work.” – Remko Dirkmaat
- “A lot of people, especially engineers, they fall in love with a solution, not the problem. That’s a cliche, but you see that a lot of people invented something but they don’t know the purpose or the value of it yet.” – Remko Dirkmaat
- “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.“ – Mike Tyson
- “Most people actually don’t start doing Jujutsu anyway. So if you get your white belt, you’re already a winner.” – Remko Dirkmaat
- “If you get into a bad situation there’s no need to say why did I get into it? That won’t help you in any way. Like the Stoics they accept the situation but improve from there.” – Remko Dirkmaat
Thank you for listening to The Quest for Wisdom Podcast with your host Conor Monaghan. If you enjoyed the episode and would like to support the show then please like it, subscribe and leave a review on whichever platform you are using. This small act is a massive help and hugely appreciated.
You can follow The Quest for Wisdom on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube for exciting updates and clips of the Podcast. We also have a Patreon account for anyone who would like to contribute towards the running of the show.
I would like to thank the Comedy Clubhouse in Barcelona for allowing us to record here and for their ongoing support. If you are ever in Barcelona make sure to check it out for daily shows of comedy and performance art in English.
If you would like to discuss anything that you have read or listened to then please contact us on any of the Social Media channels or via email. All questions, suggestions and criticisms are welcomed:
We are always looking for new Podcast guests so if you have anything that you wish to share then please check the Contact Us page and let us know what your special topic could be.